Monday, October 25, 2010

Movies for the week of 10/17/10 to 10/23/10

Today is Monday and here are my movies for the week of 10/17/10 to 10/23/10. I found myself not watching many movies this week. 


Catfish (2010)


This movie received so much hype. I honestly hadn’t even heard of it until the 2 brothers appeared on Ellen a few days before it was released. I didn’t even bother looking at the trailer. I know a bunch of people were trying to tell me about it without spoiling the end. I couldn’t help but compare this movie to talhotblond. Both movies basically have the same premise of a budding relationship that occurs online. But both movies are made completely different. Catfish follows the characters and talhotblond is telling the story after the fact. I ended up giving both movies the same score but I think I like talhotblond a lot more. It had a better more interesting story. LOL the internet! 6 out of 10



Red (2010)


Yay for me! I feel like I haven’t gone to the theaters and seen a movie in forever. Boy, am I glad I saw this movie. I hate action movies. They all seem to just be the same to me but this one was slightly different; it had old people in it. Red was very good. Ya know why, because it was an action movie that was over the top and silly. It seems to be that in order for me to like an action movie, it has to have some form of camp to it.  It’s why I like Michael Bay’s and Pierre Morel’s movies. On top of that, all the best geriatric actors are in this movie. Awesome. This would have gotten a better rating if it just didn’t drag at certain points. And honestly, I HATED Mary Louise Parker in this movie. And it sucks because I LOVE the shit out of her (crap that reminds me I gotta watch this week’s Weeds.) Her relationship with Bruce Willis just REALLY annoyed me. I mean come on, he kidnaps her and treats her like poo and somehow she sticks it out. 7 out of 10




I’ve wanted to see this movie for a long time because one of my 20 husbands (yes, I am mentally married to at least 20 famous men) is in this movie, Gael García Bernal. Man I do I love him and man did I love this movie.  This movie is a great example as to why character development is important in a movie. I’m really bad at explain what a movie is about. Basically, a movie director is approached by his old school buddy to make a movie based off of an unpublished novel he wrote. Part of the movie is the director reading the novel and the other part explores the relationship between the writer of the novel and the director. The story has a few twists and turns that just left me going WOW, that’s crazy. Bernal is AWESOME I love this man. He is a great actor and he is the reason Letters to Juliet was bearable (despite having like 10 minutes screen time) 8.5 out of 10

No comments:

Post a Comment