Tuesday, October 12, 2010

I can't finish a script!

Last Wednesday, I wrote on Androids Don't Dance that I was going to try HARD and write a spontaneous script in a week. Well, it's much harder then I thought it would be writing a dialog heavy script off the cusp. So, I've given up on the script. I'll rewrite it one day but not the way this one is written. Again, my goal was to write a 140 page script from my head. No planning, no drafting and no backtracking or editing. I decided to compile a bunch of experiences I've had working the night shift at Raymour and Flanigan into one night. But, it just ended up being a disaster. There many be spelling mistakes, grammar mistakes and other mistakes. I didn't bother editing because it was a goal not to. I deleted the last 5 pages and this is the end result.

In the mean time, I'm going to continue writing my 2 feature length scripts and knock out any ideas for shorts I may have. I've been mainly focusing on one about a girl named School. It's sort of like a rom-com but not. I don't want it to turn out to be a rom-com but it looks like it's going there. My second feature length script, "Fredrick, PA,"  takes place in a school over the course of a day. I call this one "my Gus Van Sant script." Back in September, my goal was to have at least one of these done by the end of October. But I can honestly say that I'm not sure I'm going to hit that goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment