Thursday, October 14, 2010

Political Points and The View.

I have a big mouth. This is no secret. And with this big mouth, I have the habit of spouting my religious or political views whenever I disagree with someone. I realized this the other day when my mom talked about how Obama has saved this country. I don’t claim to be the smartest person when it comes to politics. I’m just another fool with an opinion. Anyway, since this is the first Thursday on The Daily Android, I thought I’d jot down a few of my political views and talk about the big blow up on The View.

★I don’t like Democrats. They tend to favor big government.
★I don’t like Republicans. Despite being for smaller government, modern day Republicans tend to disregard people's civil liberties.
★I consider myself a Libertarian.
★I’m for free-markets.
★I actually hate the government and believe they should be involved in our economy and lives as little as possible.
★I’m all for people’s civil liberties.
★I hate guns personally but will defend your right to carry one.
★I think Ann Coulter (and Armond white) is the smartest troll around.
★I watch Glenn Beck almost everyday (and any day Judge Napolitano is on) and I try to watch The O’reily factor everyday. Why? For the LOLZ.
★No, I’ve never seen any episodes of Rachel Maddow or Anderson Cooper. Stop asking me.
★I do, however, watch Stossel and Freedom Watch with Judge Napolitano every week.
★I don’t agree with universal healthcare.
★Glenn Beck would describe me as a progressive.
★I like the Tea Party for the most part. They are not ALL bible thumping hate mongers. The liberal media usually has a field day just showing us the crazies and the right usually unintentionally shows us the crazies.

Anyway. I watch the (one-sided) View every day. Why? Because, I’m a sucker for roundtable discussion about trending topics. On The View, Bill O’Reily stopped by and things got heated when the topic of Muslims and the Mosque came up.



First of all let me say that I think Whoopi and Joy were wrong for walking away. It made them look like cowards and as if they were just walking away from the problem. But, whenever I’m in a situation that upsets me or if I’m around someone who I want to punch in the teeth, I simply walk away. Then again, I’m not on TV.  (But I AM on the internet)

Bill O’Reily said “Muslims killed us on 9/11.” This is the thinking of the 70% in the poll that was mentioned in the video. Yes, it’s true, the people who attacked us WERE Muslims but that does not justify hating an entire religion. I hate the Muslim religion, but I hate ALL religions. When people say we shouldn’t build a Muslim community center near Ground Zero they are saying this because we were attacked by Muslims. Joy and Whoopi are right in saying that they were EXTREMISTS. In every group, you’re going to have your crazies. We have Christians bombing abortion clinics and Catholic priest touching little boys. That doesn’t incite hate towards those 2 religions.

Then people say “well why does it have to be so close, why can’t they movie it down the block.” The reality is no matter where an Islamic community center is put, there are ALWAYS going to be opponents of it. This is evident in the rejection of a mosque in Kentucky, setting construction equipment on fire at a Tennessee mosque building site, or the bombing of a mosque in Florida. Americans are just ignorant. Most Americans see the suicide bombers in the Middle East or the terrorist on 9/11 and just think that ALL Muslims are terrorist. Seriously if we as Americans really go on this logic then all Christians are hate filled asshole bigots who think homosexuals shouldn’t teach in schools. But really, can we blame Americans for believing all Muslims are terrorist? On Morning Joe, Dylan Ratigan tells it like it is and lets the panel know that WE (the American media) are basically provoking this hate. He makes it VERY clear that the fact that they are Muslim does not make them terrorist but it’s the fact that they are terrorist that makes them terrorist.  

Islam is not the enemy people, terrorist are, extremist are and (as long as we continue to poke our nose in other countries affairs) we are.  

No comments:

Post a Comment